The 2019 Carpoolchella Secret Spotter
Weekend Two Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. You do not need to purchase a ticket to the Coachella Music & Arts Festival to enter or win and doing so will not increase your chances of winning. The “2019 Carpoolchella Secret Spotter Weekend Two” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Goldenvoice LLC, having its principal place of business at 425 West 11th Street, Suite 500, Los Angeles, CA 90015. The Sweepstakes entry period begins on Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time and ends on Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time (such period, the “Entry Period”)
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to individuals 18 and older who are legal residents of the U.S. including the District of Columbia (excluding Florida, New York, Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) (the “Eligibility Area”). Employees, officers, directors and agents (and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live, or members of the same households (whether related or not)) of Goldenvoice LLC, and its respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, and parent company (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Provider”) and each person or entity connected with the production, administration or judging of the Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or to win any prize. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER: In-person entries only. Place a sign or other visible writing on your vehicle so that it is visible from the outside of your car. If you would like, you can access the Coachella Valley Music & Arts festival website at https://www.coachella.com (the “Sweepstakes Site”) and click on the button to download and print a “CARPOOLCHELLA” window placard application (or write “CARPOOLCHELLA” on an 8 1/2″ x 11” or larger piece of paper). Tape or visibly place the placard in the lower left-hand corner of the front dashboard of your car so that it is visible from the outside. Park in one of the designated parking areas for the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival (the “Festival”). If you enter a parking area with a visible sign or placard that says “Carpoolchella” and you have four or more people in your car, all of whom are eligible (each a “Qualified Entrant”), each member in the car UP TO A MAXIMUM OF SIX PEOPLE may be selected to win a prize. Sorry, people traveling on bicycles, motorcycles, on public transportation, or in a car that carries less that four people (such as a two-seater), or other alternate modes of transportation are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes via this method. Please post the placard in a manner that does not impede your driving. SORRY, A MAXIMUM OF SIX PEOPLE PER VEHICLE ARE ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. Each person in the car will be referred to as a Selected Entrant until such individual is verified to be qualified to win the prize in accordance with these Official Rules. Only Qualified Entrants will be awarded the Prizes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. No entries will be acknowledged. If you are in a designate parking or camping area which requires a Festival wristband, you must be wearing such wristband to be eligible. If Sweepstakes Provider determines, in its sole discretion, that any Qualified Entrant Vehicle is attempting to manipulate the selection process in any way (for example, by driving around the Festival parking and/or camping areas for the sole purpose of attracting the Secret Spotter’s attention), such Qualified Entrant Vehicle may be disqualified in Sweepstakes Provider’s sole discretion.
4. PRIZES: The prizes available to be awarded are as follows:
Each Qualified Entrant in the Qualified Entrant car randomly selected by the Secret Spotter that will have a chance to win one of the following prizes: One (1) VIP FOR LIFE pass to the Festival, beginning in 2020, and lasting for the life of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival series. Each VIP FOR LIFE pass is valued at $999.00 per year. Sweepstakes Provider makes no guarantees that the Festival will operate past 2020 and there is no residual value associated VIP for Life Prize. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, nor is Qualified Entrant owed any cash if Festival is cancelled or postponed in subsequent years. In the event that Festival does not take place for a period of 3 consecutive years, passes are void and no longer valid.
Ferris Wheel Voucher (approximate retail value: $8 per voucher) will be awarded to three (3) Qualified Entrant cars; Twenty Dollar ($20) Food Vouchers (approximate retail value: $20 per 4 vouchers) will be awarded to five (5) Qualified Entrant cars; Fifty Dollar ($50.00) Gift Vouchers for 2019 Festival Merchandise (approximate retail value: $50 per Gift Voucher) will be awarded to six (6) Qualified Entrant cars; Outstanding in the field Sunday Dinner (approximate retail value: $225 each) will be awarded to one (1) car; VIP Wristbands (approximate retail value $500 each) will be awarded to ten (10) Qualified Entrant cars; All Access “Guest” Wristbands (approximate retail value: $1,000 per wristband) will be awarded to six (6) Qualified Entrant cars.
For clarification, each Selected Entrant in a Qualified Entrant car selected by the Secret Spotter will be eligible to receive the applicable prize so long as those Selected Entrants are qualified in accordance with the requirements set forth in these Official Rules. All together with All Access “Guest” Wristbands, VIP Wristbands, Gift Vouchers, VIP for Life, Food Vouchers and Ferris Wheel vouchers are collectively referred to as the “Prizes”. Approximate retail value of all Prizes except the VIP for Life (assuming four Qualified Entrants per car) is Fifty-five Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty Four U.S. Dollars ($49,036.00). VIP for life 2020 retail value is $999. Assuming four (4) entrants per car, the VIP for life approximate retail value for 2020 is $3996.
Except where otherwise expressly noted in these Official Rules, the selection of all vendors, prizes, products and services is subject to the Sweepstakes Provider’s sole and absolute discretion. Prizes (and/or any potion thereof) are nontransferable and non-exchangeable. No substitutions or cash redemption of Prizes are permitted except that the Sweepstakes Provider retains the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater retail value (or at Sweepstakes Provider’s election, the cash value of the applicable Prize). Additional restrictions may apply. Unless otherwise stated, travel is not included; any and all expenses not expressly listed here are responsibility of winners. Due to the nature of the Prizes, the event and thus the Prizes dependant on the occurrence of the event, may be cancelled and Sweepstakes Provider will have no obligation to the winner of any Prize (“Prize Winner”) in any manner whatsoever if the Festival, or any portion thereof, is cancelled or postponed. These rules may be altered or revised in Sweepstake’s Providers sole discretion.
5. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF CHOSEN ENTRANTS.
During the Sweepstakes Period, at randomly chosen pre-selected times and locations, cars with a sign or visible writing that says “Carpoolchella” as set forth in paragraph 3 will be randomly selected from other cars with a sign or visible writing as set forth in paragraph 3. If each Selected Entrant in a selected car is 18 years of age or older and complies with all other entrant qualifications set forth in these Official Rules, , one representative from the car will be given the opportunity to select a ticket which corresponds to one of the Prizes. Each of the Qualified Entrants in that vehicle will win the corresponding Prize, which will be awarded immediately upon completing required paperwork. The Secret Spotter will be in one of the public parking areas of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival at random times throughout the weekend and select the Selected Entrants. The selection will be conducted by the Sweepstakes Provider whose decision is final and binding on all aspects of this Sweepstakes. Each Selected Entrant may be required to show photo identification and may also be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Except where prohibited by law, Selected Entrants will sign authorization to allow Sweepstakes Provider to use their name, picture, and winning story for marketing purposes. Selected Entrants may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address and phone number. Unless restricted by law, each Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release at the time of selection by the Secret Spotter. An alternate group of Selected Entrants may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if any Selected Entrant: (i) refuses to sign the documents; or (ii) cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason. If properly qualified, Selected Entrants will receive a Prize immediately. Sweepstakes Provider will not be responsible for lost Prizes and will not replace lost or destroyed Prizes for any reason. By entering, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Provider. In the event of non-compliance for any reason, including the inability to accept the Prize for any reason, an alternate entrant may be selected.
6. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS, AND LICENSE: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sweepstakes Provider (which decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes), and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sweepstakes Provider are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Sweepstakes Provider and/or its promotional partner(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, or misdirected entries or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes Provider makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Sweepstakes. Although Sweepstakes Provider attempts to ensure the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Provider is not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s, automobile(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or using the Sweepstakes Site. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sweepstakes Provider, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sweepstakes Provider reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes, and to select a Selected Entrant from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. Proof of submitting entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by the Sweepstakes Provider. In the event that there are typographical errors that obscure the original intent of the Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Provider reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes. All taxes (including without limitation Federal, state and local taxes) in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner(s). Prize Winner(s) may be sent a tax form 1099 in the event the average retail value requires Sweepstakes Provider to submit such form. In order to claim the Prize, the Selected Entrant may be required to sign an affidavit or a declaration of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, liability release, publicity release (unless prohibited by law), address verification and other registrations and participation information requested by the Sweepstakes Provider (unless prohibited by law), at the discretion of Sweepstakes Provider. Additional information will be mailed to Selected Entrant using the address provided in the entry form. The return of forms or prizes as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner, at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Provider. In no event is Sweepstakes Provider required to contact Selected Entrant more than once.By entering this Sweepstakes and unless prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant hereby consents to use of his/her respective name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for this and similar promotions without compensation and the potential winner and guest may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent, unless restricted by law. Moreover, by entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, the potential Prize Winner agrees to grant to the Sweepstakes Provider, and its licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the Prize Winner’s name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated), and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by the Sweepstakes Provider in its sole discretion.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release and hold the Sweepstakes Provider harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity (including without limitation the removal from the site of, or discontinuation of access to, any materials), or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event will the Sweepstakes Provider be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages, arising out of any access to and/or use of the Sweepstakes Site, the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from the Sweepstakes Site, the removal from the Sweepstakes Site of, or discontinuation of access to, any materials, or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of, or any harm resulting from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of, or participation in, any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the foregoing, the Sweepstakes, all Prizes, and all materials provided on or through the Sweepstakes Site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
10. GOVERNING LAW/ DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants’, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. The parties hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Los Angeles County, California in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to this Sweepstakes.BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2 IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(d) Rule Requests: To receive a copy of these complete rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Official Rules, “2019 Carpoolchella Secret Spotter Weekend Two” Sweepstakes, Goldenvoice LLC, at 425 West 11th Street, Suite 500, Los Angeles, CA 90015. Requests for Official Rules must be received by August 15, 2019. WA and VT residents may omit return postage.